Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Want Me To Do This For 9 Months?

 

I remember when I was in high school, all of my friends and I had our lives planned out. Married by 26 and babies by 28. Well I’m 26 and no where near marriage and even further from children. I’m all for marriage but babies…I’m starting to look at it a bit differently.

black-woman-pregnant-belly

1. I have no desire to mutilate my body and I don’t know if I ever will.

 healthy_pregnancy_image

2. This looks painful. Like FORREAL. That baby is probably trying to turn her ribs into monkey bars.

3. You know how people tell you to stay away from certain things to avoid potential negative effects (i.e. play with fire…get burned).

Well if these things can potentially happen

Stretch Marks

stretchmarks1

Skin Discoloration

Skin discoloration during pregnancy

LOOSE skin

Stretch-Marks

Hair Loss (EXCUSE ME???)

woman-suffering-from-hair-loss

(among other things) I’m not sure if I’m that interested in taking the risk.

4. If I GO TO WAR or get pregnant, I can get PTSD.

Posttraumatic stress disorder (also known as post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD) is a severe anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma.

5. Lastly, the thought of allowing my vagina to rip, having a doctor cut my vagina OR WORSE A C-SECTION literally gives me nightmares.

ripping

Disappointed smile

4 comments:

Bshrop said...

LoL @ Monkey bars

Those pictures looked really severe. No way are the symptoms ever that bad. And come on...PTSD?

5. I can't say anything about that.

well...good luck

Beans said...

@Bshrop The pictures are really severe and they are usually this bad. I've seen pregnant friends who have turned out worst on their first kid. I've also seen some that look great like it never happened.

PTSD: http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/48/4/304 - I've heard women say some crazy things about how they wanted to literally kill their husbands/boyfriends after they've had their children. For some women their mental state changes for a while after they have the baby.

Too many changes. Too much risk.

Don't wish women good luck; pray for us. LOL. (seriously)

Niki McNeill Brown said...

I so want to be a mom but I feel the SAME way! I'm terrified of being pregnant :-/

Beans said...

@Niki Those are my sentiments exactly. I know I'll have kids but the thought of being pregnant sends chills down my spine...