Monday, January 3, 2011

“I KNOW You Didn’t Call Me a HOE!!”

 

Kat-Stacks-e1288296421232rosa-acosta-terry-richardson-supreme-8

Hoes. Yes HOES. The word that won’t die even if you poisoned it and shot it repeatedly in the face. Lets look at the word hoe/whore:

A whore/hoe is a word that is specifically meant for a prostitute where prostitution is the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment.  What they MEAN to call women are SLUTS where a “Slut is a term meaning an individual who is sexually promiscuous. The term is generally applied to women and used as an insult or offensive term of disparagement, meaning "dirty”.

The term SLUT, in the sense of a sexually promiscuous woman, dates to at least 1450. Since 1450, the New World was discovered, Africans were enslaved, a couple wars, a lot of people died, black people got free…kinda, the Great Depression,  Jim Crow enslaved blacks again, a lot of people died, black got free…kinda, women burned bras,…I was going to keep going but there’s a lot of important shit between the birth of slut and today. So why are sluts still hanging around like roaches?

Three reasons:

1.I’s a derogatory term

200px-Anger_during_a_protest_by_David_Shankbone 

Seriously. If the words nigga, bitch, whore, faggot, slut, etc. + curse words didn’t exist, what would people say when they were arguing?! People use words that will cut deep and the only reason they cut deep is because people LET them. Period.

2. It gives certain people a reason to think they’re better than others.

judgemental

Its just another way for someone to think they’re better than you. I remember we were having a conversation about sex and how it relates to….something and one of my friends said “Well I can count who I have slept with on one hand…” as if someone was supposed to clap for her. In my head I was like **Sooo that means you’re a fornicator** People fail to realize is that fornication before marriage is a sin so while they’re spending all of this time judging women for their transgressions God is listening….

3. Men aren’t as sexually active as you think they are…

CalvinKleingetty-foursome-762879

(The left probably happens more than the right. I’d put money on it)

Apparently men aren’t having the sex “we” deem them capable of. The men who are really getting around only make up a small percentage of the men who are sexually active.

  • Black men (46%) and women (13%) were more likely to report having 15 or more partners in a lifetime.
  • Seventeen percent of men and 10 percent of women reported having two or more sexual partners in the past year.
  • The median number of lifetime female sexual partners for men was seven; the median number of male partners for women was four. SOURCE

I found a few sites (HERE and HERE) where people would answer the “how many partners” question and I don’t know if anyone’s lying but women are having WAY more sex than men and I don’t think they can handle it. Women aren’t supposed to out do men ESPECIALLLY something as dominating as sex. Plus the fact that they’re not having as much sex “gives” them even more reason to go to reason #2 and call you a slut.

FOR ME:

I don’t believe in the word slut, whore, etc. My personal opinion about a person, male or female, that sleeps with a lot of [random] people is that they are nasty; literally. Hygiene becomes a serious issue when you’re all loose with your sex. Nothing scares me more that herpes and HIV. LOL. The more you have sex the more you increase your risk for sexually transmitted diseases and that’s all I’m worried about. People say I’m too picky but it’s saved me from getting burned so far so I’m good!

6 comments:

Bshrop said...

Yeah, sleeping around is just nasty. Make your partner get tested. There is nothing sexier than seeing that "negative" on a STD result sheet.

SOKJAY said...

I totally agree sleeping around is just UNSANITARY!!

Dre' Leon said...

i saw the title and immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uscmRI9ZrE

Walls said...

I definitely like how you revealed the bottom line...lol. Nice... #GreatRead

Beans said...

I just don't see why men and women alike are so stuck on putting women down. Especially when you're dong the exact same thing and maybe more!

@kid.a HAHAHAHAHA!!! I remember this from college. We ALL were on Dave hard!

@Walls Thanks!

وليدالعروي said...

تنظيف بالاحساء