Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Phuck What You’ve Heard

 

What’s your hair type? For a while now I’ve been trying to figure out how I could possibly be classified as a type 4 hair. I’ve seen SO many different typed of Black hair around and I don’t think that all of us can be thrown into this type 4 box.

I found a NEW hair type listing on MIzani and I think it’s a little more accurate when I comes to classifying Black hair.

image

I am type 6:

 

TEXTURE: Thin to thick or combination

GROWTH PATTERN: Grows up and away from the scalp, then curls

BODY / VOLUME: Some volume. Likely to be compact, less movement.

ELASTICITY: Stretching with minimal return

POROSITY: Raised cuticle. Some frizz, tangled.

 

When my hair is wet the description sounds like type five but when it’s dry it sounds like type six. I may be somewhere in-between but this is a MUCH better description that the type four.

SOURCE

Winking smile

No comments: