Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Am NOT My Hair

Being that I’m homeless for the moment and I didn’t want to turn my friend’s bathroom into Beanie’s Hair Salon, I decided to get a sew in!

IMG_0273IMG_0275

I love this thang! It’s just so shiny and bouncy and fun lol! In the same breath, I’m really sad about it because I realize that the hair that is left out will be totally different from the hair that’s braided.

Now I’m not one of those people who went natural and think their hair is the passage to heaven nor am I one of the people who hates my hair (even though it took some time to get used to). Truth is that I like to wear it big and curly and I like to wear it sleek and straight. I just wish my hair wasn’t so easily manipulated by heat. For instance…

When I first started wearing sew-ins I left the smallest amount of hair out possible and for about two months and look what happened

IMG01689-20100926-2135

The longer pieces = straight pieces and it drives me crazy BUT all I need is a small perm rod and wha-lah problem solved!

All in all I don’t wish to have hair like anyone else, I just wish that mine could bounce back after a good straightening.

Red heart

No comments: