Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can Black Girls Blush?

 

I’m totally into make-up these days. It has been BREAKING MY HEART that this move hasn’t allowed me to make my weekly MAC purchase and I cannot wait till I’m back in a place where I can have my life back (another post entirely). I like wearing a natural look; I haven’t crossed over into anything SnAzZy quite yet (I’m scheduled for a MAC gift card for my bday though YES!). I’ve been getting pretty good with my technique but one thing I CANNOT seem to get the basics for is blush.

I currently own:

get away bronzePetticoat

(Left) – Get-Away Bronze Frost Powder Blush and (right) – Petticoat Mineralize Skin Finish blush. Applying the golden blush isn’t too hard because even if I don’t “apply it correctly'” it’s gold. It cannot look bad! LOL! But the petticoat…

Just doesn’t do right! (side note -  I had a hair appointment the next day so go easy on me lol)

IMG_0648

I KNOW that cannot POSSIBLY be the right spot for blush Rolling on the floor laughingbut I cannot get it right! Thank GOD I’m not a quitter! IF any of you out there are tards about blush like me here are some vids:

Blush starts around the 5:05 mark.
Blush starts around the 5:45 mark.

1 comment:

Nandi Relford said...

I stopped using blush b/c he had me looking foolish. Do you puff your cheeks up, or do big smiles when you put it on??