Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gotta Hate That Breakage!!

At work today one of my co-workers mentioned that she was having some breakage at the back of her neck. I remembered that my hair used to do that because of my head scarf all the time. We started talking about it and I realized that I have no idea how you're supposed to wear a head scarf. It was hard to find some really clear information, but here is an article I found:








    1. Step1
      Comb your hair in a normal style. I normally part my hair slightly off to the right. Comb all strands down. If you use a moisturizer, apply it, and then comb hair normally. Brushing your hair is a good way to stimulate your scalp and promote hair growth, especially before bedtime.



    2. Step2
      Part your hair on the side. With a brush, begin to "sweep" your hair around your head. Avoid brushing to hard. Use your non-brushing hand to help you with your sweep.




    3. Step3
      Continue the process of sweeping your hair around your head until you have all of your hair in a neat cone. Make sure no stray hairs are sticking out. (Beginners may think this process is a little cumbersome. I did initially, but once your hair is "trained", wrapping your hair gets easier and easier.) The advantage is that your strands will become smoother and smoother.




    4. Step4
      Now that your hair is securely wrapped around your head, if you would like to apply any additional moisturizer, now would be a good time to do so.




    5. Step5
      Take your long scarf and tie it around your head. Position the middle of the scarf at your forehead, and tie the scarf around your head, then either secure a knot or a bow to hold scarf in place. Gently push the scarf up off of your forehead.




    6. Step6
      Secure the scarf by placing an elastic bonnet cap over your head. (This is an optional step, but helps keep the scarf on during sleep.)






SOURCE


I'm not to happy with this information so I will be doing another post on this once I consult with a few hair stylists.

No comments: