Monday, October 11, 2010

My Stock is Like the DOW Jones…

Men are visual creatures and I get that; they’re shallow.  With that being said, I didn’t realize JUST how shallow visual they were.  I use myself as the example:

When I started college I was 5’1”, 95 pounds soaking wet and by every definition I was skinny. I would post a picture but who REALLY wants to go back that far. Anywho…fast forward to Summer 2008 when I moved down to Atlanta. For the first 8 months I ate at any restaurant whose name sounded like “Big Mama’s ____ _____”, “Southern Fried ____”, etc.  I toped off at 131 lbs and by all definition I was thick…and proud of it!! Life was grand!! I didn’t have to pay for anything, do anything, hell I’ve never been so lazy. AND if I put in a 10” Remy, ninjas would buck a U turn JUST do I didn’t have to pump my own gas #truestory. But when I got PHAT in the back I also got…..

FAT1

FAT in the front and that was a problem that needed to be handled.FAT

Two things happened after that: I went natural and I lost weight due to exercise and nutrition (S/O Bleeding Onions). These days all I can get are opinions instead of compliments; suggestions instead of valentines and although my hair is different and I’m lost TWO (or three lol) inches in my hips I just don’t know what’s different. The person hasn’t changed a bit; I’m still the same ‘ol GEE but I guess life is just a hot or not contest.  Now I still believe that I am nothing short of amazing (O_o) but I just say this to let the ladies know that the “beauty is skin deep” is a bunch of bull shit because even though I’m currently shaped like this:

LoveGun3

LoveGun1

(32-25-36) they really want you to look like this.

 sexy_vanna_black_model_lingerie_photos

Does it bother me that I apparently look like shit now; yes. But hey….you can’t please everyone.

4 comments:

Ash said...

Girl you are fine any day of the week! ***k them ninjas... women are paying to look like you do NOW.

SOKJAY said...

After seeing this post I HAD to comment. FIRST, you are one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL women I KNOW HANDS DOWN PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY!! SECOND, I've known you for 5 years now and I've only seen you grow more beautiful as times gone by. For those who think otherwise FUCK EM'!! I think you are TRULY one of the FEW GREAT WOMEN (yes there is a shortage) around. IT TRULY HEARTS MY HEART TO SEE THAT YOU FEEL THIS WAY.............. Last time I checked stocks in Xanthia Cunningham ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!!

Anonymous said...

i always thought you looked good from undergrad to now. i'm def. digging the natural hair....i actually prefer it. yo straight up, you're running into the wrong guys...

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful either way...You have the total package (i.e. Brains, common sense, and physical beauty). They need to make more engineers like you.

CBC 2012 Admirer (Welcome to DC)