Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ok....

So I've been gone forever and a day because I felt like I really didn't have a purpose for this blog. I was doing it just to do it and as you can see I've fallen off completely!! I had decided to stop blogging but I think I have found my 'purpose'.

I've been going natural for 9 months and 22 days and I and I have been in a COMPLETE whirlwind since I started. I never actually indented on going natural but at almost 10 months in I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s evolved to.

When I first moved my healthy head of hair to Atlanta, I tried to find shops that were fairly inexpensive (around $75 for a perm) so I was doing a great deal of chair hopping. While doing so I experienced many chemical burns, breakage, thinning; just an overall decline in my hair presence. I was too through because unlike India.Aire baby I AM my hair!!! I got my last perm December 31, 2008 and decided to take a break and listen around the water cooler for a new stylist. Finding a good stylist was harder than I thought so…


Then came the braids (March 2009) because I hadn’t found anyone to do my hair. Before I knew it I was getting my edges redone because I was still in limbo when it came to finding a new stylist.

Ok so the braids HAD to come out around July and I didn’t know what to do with myself soooo….



hen came the sew in. I used to be ANTI-weave but now that I have this naturally natural, I see it’s purpose! L0L!


I am currently rocking the sew-in but since I’ve had it for about a month and a half, I know that it will be coming out soon. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because I do not know what to do next. Getting a perm is last on my list and straightening it weekly isn’t too high on this list either. I have become a natural hair blog stalker (lol) and this is where I think I’ve found my purpose. I don’t want to start yet another hair blog BUT I would like to just show my process and the things I have learned (hair related and not) during this tumultuous journey.

There is only a SMALL amount of hair out at the top and this is what it looks like when some water gets on it. (Don't mind the blue. That's the flash from my camera phone.)











I will be coming back FREQUENTLY with hair updates, YouTube vids (you know I love YouTube), products, and anything else (a lot of food updates as well) I learn while I'm on this journey.
Peace and Blessings.

3 comments:

Dre' Leon said...

man i don't notice these things...not sure if its b/c i don't pay attention or i don't care...

damn and i thought it was tough to find a decent barber. not!

damn yall ladies got it tough.

Dre' Leon said...

oh yea i'm looking forward to those food updates...

Niki McNeill Brown said...

yay! i'm excited for these new posts! congrats on keeping with it.