Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Love You I Do

So I’m at work and I have my iPod on shuffle and Tell Him by Lauryn Hill (my favorite) comes on and I realize something. I miss her. I miss her so much and I don’t even know her. Her music just touches me and I have yet to hear someone else like her and I miss her music. I was watching VH1 Hip Hop Honors the other night and although I don’t know too much about some of the artist that performed you could see how the older fans and artist were just taken back by it and I enjoyed their excitement for the music. Knowing it word for word and rocking to it. The way they feel about that hip hop is how I feel about Lauryn. She’s so amazing to me. I wonder where she gets her words and melodies from and how she decided to piece them together. I wonder what you have to see and experience to be able to recite lyrics like that. I feel like a Lauryn Hill concert is something I need to see before I go. L0L. I mean I don’t know. I am being dramatic but that’s how I feel about her music. I wish she’d come back. I need her truth in my life.


3 comments:

Niki McNeill Brown said...

i feel the same way!! i still listen to Miseducation every so often and everytime it feels just like it did the first time I heard it. It was truly a perfect album... her Unplugged was amazing too, but you could hear her unraveling throughout it all.... aaaah i miss her so much! haha

Dre' Leon said...

yea i think everyone misses her! Lauryn come back soon!!!!

FayFay said...

Lauren Hill is the truth! She is one of the most talented,soulful,deep, and real singers I've heard in a long, long, time! With the exception of a few other's like Jill Scott. She sing's with passion, and feeling unlike a lot of BS singer's of today! I especially appreciated the album "Miseducation" that album is THE BUSINESS!!!

I know she was having some personal issues in her life and with her baby's father,one of the Marley brother's. After that she wasn't quite the same. At any rate I hope she's ok and maybe we will see her again before it's all said and done!
Much love for my sista Lauren Hill! I'm with you on this one Fia!
By the way I'm new to your blog!